Amazon has a remarkable plan of action. The mixed retail model was spearheaded by Amazon in 1994. Even today, Jeff Bezos pays no profits and reinvests all the additional benefits over into the tasks flagging that Amazon is as yet not a developed organization and that despite everything it getting ready to develop quickly.
I would suggest the strategy to capture the existing competitors either by merging/acquiring or making a partnership instead of directly testing the depth by putting both feet at the same time. Taking the locals feedback in their countries to see how they can acquire the market (a very careful research on the market on that country). Alibaba, a large competitor in the international market for Amazon, in order to compete with them know completely about them like, what are they good at, what are their disadvantages, slowly conquering/capturing the surroundings/borders and capturing the whole market (like an octopus) and so on. Alibaba is also good at strategies, so very careful steps need to be taken and I would be covering them more in the upcoming topics.
Therefore, Amazon should not limit to only one area and should concentrate on other areas as well but acting careful. It should take baby steps or merge with some small businesses and support the smaller businesses also starting their own full-fledged service once having potential knowledge and experience over it. Amazon should also concentrate on global strategies too with care and caution while implementing these outlined strategies.
Amazon should also be concentrating on organic foods business from farming to delivering to home, since it has invested lot of time, money and effort on technologies. They can take over the internet, transportation business as well and who knows, the Amazon of tomorrow may have an alternate face – yet a similar soul – contrasted with the Amazon of today.
- Kinjal, B. (Jan 2, 2018) – “How does Amazon Work: Insights into Business Model and Revenue Analysis.” Retrieved on July 31, 2019 from https://www.ncrypted.net/blog/how-does-amazon-work-insights-into-business-model-and-revenue-analysis/
- Gennaro, C. (Nov 20, 2018) – “How Amazon Makes Money: Amazon Business Model in a Nutshell.” Retrieved on July 31, 2019 from https://fourweekmba.com/amazon-business-model/
- John, D. (Aug 05, 2018) – “Amazon Corporate Social responsibility: a brief overview.” Retrieved on August 07, 2019 from https://research-methodology.net/amazon-corporate-social-responsibility/
- Marc, E. (June 21, 2018) – “With These 7 Strategies, Amazon Will Dominate Any Market.” Retrieved on July 24, 2019 from https://www.inc.com/marc-emmer/with-these-7-strategies-amazon-will-dominate-any-market.html
- Prachi, J. (n.d.) – “The Business Model of Amazon.” Retrieved on July 31, 2019 from
- Prachi, J. (n.d.). Analysis of Amazon’s Corporate Strategy. Retrieved on August 14, 2019 from: https://www.managementstudyguide.com/analysis-of-amazon-corporate-strategy.htm
- Prachi, J. (n.d.). How Amazon can improve its Corporate Strategy. Retrieved on August 14, 2019 from: https://www.managementstudyguide.com/how-amazon-can-improve-its-strategy.htm
- Alex, L. (Oct 22, 2018) – “A Case Study on International Expansion: When Amazon went to China.” Retrieved on July 24, 2019 from https://medium.com/@alexlee611/a-case-study-on-international-expansion-when-amazon-went-to-china-3c5445b21fe7
- Marc, P. (November 27, 2018) – “Five steps to get a sustainable competitive advantage.” Retrieved on July 17, 2019 from https://www.smartcompany.com.au/business-advice/strategy/five-steps-to-get-a-sustainable-competitive-advantage/
- Murat, U. (Aug 22, 2018 & Dec 14, 2018) – “Amazon Business Model: Three customer value propositions”, “Amazon Business Model: the Ultimate Overview.” Retrieved on July 31, 2019 from https://www.innovationtactics.com/amazon-business-model-part-2/
- Francesca, W. (Jan 12, 2019) – “The Ethical Issues with Amazon.” Retrieved on August 07, 2019 from https://ethicalunicorn.com/2019/01/12/how-ethical-is-amazon/
- Vipin, S. (n.d.) – “Amazon Business Strategy: Insights Of Its Operation And Investment Plan To Become A Trillion Dollar Corporation.” Retrieved on July 17, 2019 from https://www.greyb.com/amazon-business-strategy/
- CBInsights (March 2, 2018) – “Alibaba Vs. Amazon: How The E-Commerce Giants Stack Up In The Fight To Go Global.” Retrieved on July 24, 2019 from https://www.cbinsights.com/research/amazon-alibaba-international-expansion/